About Dr. Adrian Hänni
Dr. Hänni is a professor, writer and speaker who is passionate about using historical knowledge to shed light on contemporary political issues and contributing solutions to current challenges. His work combines expertise in terrorism, propaganda and intelligence history with a global, interdisciplinary perspective. He has been interviewed by various international media outlets, including CBS 60 Minutes (USA), SRF Tagesschau/10vor 10 (Switzerland), Stern (Germany), Neue Zürcher Zeitung (Switzerland), Le Point (France), Le Temps (Switzerland), and SWR (Germany).
- Terrorism in the Cold War. State Involvement and Covert Operations: 2 vols. book to be published with Bloomsbury – I.B. Tauris (edited with Dr. Thomas Riegler and Dr. Przemyslaw Gasztold).
- Informal Transnational Governance Networks. A History of Le Cercle (Habilitationsprojekt) – Funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
- Über Grenzen hinweg. Transnationale Politische Gewalt im 20. Jahrhundert: Ein Sammelband, der einen einzigartigen Zugang zum Phänomen transnationaler politischer Gewalt bietet – publiziert im Campus-Verlag/Herbst 2019. [Edited volume on transnational political violence in the 20th century to be published with Campus in fall 2019.]
- Lehrbuch Politische Geschichte: Im Rahmen dieses Forschungsprojekts entsteht das erste Lehrbuch in deutscher Sprache zur Einführung in die historische Teildisziplin Politische Geschichte – Finanzierung durch den Forschungsfonds Universitäre Fernstudien Schweiz. (Link zum Feinkonzept im pdf-Format) [First German-language textbook providing an introduction into “Political History”]
- Historicizing Violence. The Contested Histories of Present Day Conflict: Special Issue project for the Journal of Contemporary History – edited together with Dr. Elizabeth Roberts-Pedersen from the Centre for the History of Violence at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
EDITORIAL TEAM & BOARD MEMBERSHIPS
- Co-editor of the Journal for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies (JIPSS), published by the Austrian Center for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies (ACIPSS)
- International Advisory Board of Terrorism: An Electronic Journal and Knowledge Base, published by the Inter-University Center for Terrorism Studies
- Editorial Board of the Journal of Mediterranean and Balkan Intelligence, published by the Research Institute for European and American Studies
- The role of the Pakistani intelligence service ISI in the Afghanistan conflict: Excerpts from a lecture at the International Spy Museum (January 2017, Washington, DC)
- Appearance on the History Talk podcast, a production of Origins: Current Events in Historical Perspective at Ohio State University and Miami University.
- Excerpts from a lecture on the New Cold War, organized by The Inter-University Center for Terrorism Studies at the International Law Institute (January 2016, Washington, DC)